Spring Recipe Recap
The budding trees and blossoming flowers are telltale signs that, at long last, the first days of summer are nearing. The Memorial Day weekend is on everyone’s mind – soon enough, school will be out and summer vacation will begin! Celebrate the changing season with a cheese board featuring raw honey and apricot jam, or a simple Three-Cheese Flatbread with olive oil and fresh basil. Spring’s recipes are easily attuned for summer – whether making a light weeknight meal or bringing along on a summer picnic.
- Wisconsin Three-Cheese Flatbread – by our guest blogger, Rachel, of Elephantine Blog – a simple treat and family favorite.
- Wisconsin Cheddar Jack Grilled Cheese with Charred Onions & Guacamole – featured on Foodie website, TheKitchn, for National Grilled Cheese Month.
- Sweet Potato-Cheddar Grilled Cheese – created by MacKenzie of Grilled Cheese Social, this grilled cheese is a new and slightly healthier variation of the classic.
- The Sophia Grilled Cheese – standing out with sautéed Swiss chard, shallots and crisp apples.
- Spring Cheese Board – a colorful combination of Wisconsin Cheddar-Blue, Brie and Gouda.
- Wisconsin Mascarpone Yogurt and Blackberry Apple Crumble – sweet in the morning or as dessert.
- Honey & Roasted Garlic-Baked Brie with Baguettes – a savory prelude to dinnertime.
- Wisconsin Mac and Cheese – the addition of buttery Wisconsin Mascarpone makes this version extra creamy.
- The Rosalie Grilled Cheese – bright roasted carrots and farmers’ market pesto add lots of spring flavor.